- Adjustable tool belt and wooden child-friendly tools
- Includes hammer, screwdriver, wrench, ruler, and painted saw, and 8 building pieces
- Belt constructed of sturdy nylon and play pieces are solid wood
- Name tag included to personalize
- Helps teach sorting and problem solving, and encourages fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
Have kids identify each tool; ask him or her to count how many pieces there are in all and identify the colors on each.
Place four tools or building pieces on the play surface and have kids study them, then close their eyes. Remove one item, then ask kidsto look again and identify which piece was removed.
Time kids putting all the tools back into the tool belt as quickly as possible, then try to improve dexterity and time.
Have kids create a structure using all of the building pieces. Then challenge them to take it apart as quickly as possible using the screwdriver, wrench, and saw. Set a timer or count aloud, then challenge kids to beat the speed record!
Use the ruler to measure the lengths of the wooden pieces and tools. Use both sides of the ruler, measuring with inches and centimeters; this is a great way to introduce the metric system. Ask kids which units are longer, inches or centimeters?